We'll explore how to seamlessly integrate SMS MARKETING into your multichannel strategy using ActiveCampaign, a powerful automation and CRM platform.
1. Reach Customers: Did you know that 85% of customers prefer receiving text messages over calls or emails? With SMS marketing, you meet your audience where they're most comfortable, leading to better engagement and response rates.
2. Fast + Perfect for Time-Sensitive Campaigns: When time is of the essence, SMS shines. An impressive 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes, making it an ideal channel for time-sensitive promotions, reminders, and flash sales.
3. Intimate Channel with High CTRs: SMS marketing boasts click-through rates (CTRs) as high as 30%. The personal nature of texts fosters a deeper connection with your audience, driving higher engagement and conversions.
Setting up SMS subscription lists is a breeze with ActiveCampaign. Whether you're using native features, Twilio, ManyChat, BulkSMS, or other services, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Contacts >> Lists: Begin by accessing your contacts and lists.
2. Add a List: Create a new list dedicated to SMS subscribers.
3. Select Subscribe by SMS: ActiveCampaign makes it easy to enable SMS subscriptions for your list.
4. Create Number and Keyword: Choose a dedicated number and keyword that subscribers can use to join your list.
5. View and Purchase SMS Credits: Stay prepared by ensuring you have enough SMS credits for your campaigns.
Now that you have your list set up, it's time to send compelling SMS messages. Keep these steps in mind:
1. Navigate to Automations >> Select the Automation: Access your existing automation or create a new one.
2. Select "+", then "Send SMS" Action: Add an SMS action within your automation to trigger text messages.
3. Create Your Text + Personalization Tags: Craft your message, incorporating personalization tags for a tailored touch.
4. Choose Days of Week and Time Range: Optimize your reach by selecting the ideal days and time ranges for sending (remember, legal considerations apply).
5. Save: Ensure to save your automation with the added SMS action.
🚨 Note: Be mindful of the 160-character limit for SMS messages.
Check our full tutorial to see a visual example:
Always Provide Opt-out Option: Comply with regulations and respect recipients' preferences by including an opt-out choice.
Craft Spam-filter-friendly Content: Avoid language and formatting that could trigger spam filters, ensuring your messages land where they belong—in your audience's inbox.
Embrace Personalization: Take advantage of personalized tags to make your messages resonate on an individual level.
Remember, success starts with the right tools and knowledge, and we're committed to providing both through our top-tier support and tailored 1:1 training.